Travel Announcement – A Spring Time Road Trip

Exciting announcement time!

It all came around very quickly.
At home in Toronto I don’t have a car. I get around the city by bicycle, foot and public transit. So when the opportunity to have a set of wheels for a few days I couldn’t not make the most of it.

After a few quick emails and map research I devised a 4-6 day road trip that I am excited to announce!

Objective: Explore a place within 12 hours drive from my home.

Destination: New Hampshire, USA

Co-Pilot: My Mother

So, as the journey begins, stay tuned to my Facebook and Twitter profiles as well as here on the blog.

Thank you to the state of New Hampshire for hosting me. Check out the New Hampshire Tourism site and take a look at what this great state has on offer!

Also, if you are from New Hampshire or have been and have any reccomendations please share them in the comment below or over on Facebook or Twitter.

Enjoy the adventure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

18 Responses to Travel Announcement – A Spring Time Road Trip

1. Emily April 19, 2012 at 8:41 am #

Hey! Exciting road trip ! I’m pretty sure clothing is not taxed in N.H., so take advantage of that ! :) Enjoy !!

2. Jess April 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Howdy! I’m from the granite state and you’re simply going to love it! Ready for some top picks?

- Portsmouth (located on the seacoast with a young and relaxed vibe. Check out the area’s breweries and restaurants and if open, take a harbor cruise)
    - North Conway (Located in the White Mountains on the east side by Maine. Tons of outdoor activities and owner run eateries. Hike, look for moose, drive up Mount Washington.)
    - Tax free shopping and city vibe check out Manchester or Nashua
    - Lake living. Visit the cute towns around Lake Winnipesaukee or the many NH inns
    - Franconia Notch (More hiking and scenic drives with a few waterfalls and notches thrown in)

Hope this helps and enjoy!

3. milly April 19, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

There is no sales tax in NH on anything! If you are into musical instruments there is a cool Mom and Pop music store in Manchester, called Manchester Music Mill. Tons of cool stuff and cool people.

4. Jeannie April 19, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

NH is one of my favorite states. The whole North Conway area is beautiful with a lot to do and see you can shop and enjoy nature the best of both worlds!

5. Tawny from Captain and Clark April 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

AHH! We are so excited to follow along on your road trip. We can’t wait to see what New Hampshire has to offer :)

6. Ayngelina April 20, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Nice, I don’t think I know a single thing about NH despite being so close to it. Please find some gigantic monument, it’s my favourite part of Americana to find like the world’s largest apple or something like that.

7. Andrew Marston April 25, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

Dude! NH is right next door to ME! :-) Let’s meet up!

8. Lifecruiser Travel Blog April 26, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

I hope you’re having a fabulous fun roadtrip! Roadtrip almost always are the best way to explore, making stops here and there taking photos. Love to go in my own pace.

Thx for stopping by leaving nice comments :-)

9. Caanan @ No Vacation Required April 29, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Road trip with Mom?! God speed Sir. Godspeed.

10. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:22 am #

@Emily – Ya, no tax all around. I should have bought a bunch of stuff!!!

11. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:23 am #

@Jess – Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions Jess! I had a fantastic time there. Wish I’d made more use of the tax free shopping!

12. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:23 am #

@Milly – Thanks Milly for the suggestions!

13. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:24 am #

@Jeannie – Ah yes! I loved North Conway!

14. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:24 am #

@Tawny – It has SO much to offer. Such a stunning state.

15. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:29 am #

@Ayngelina – Ah yes – big monuments. I feel like we saw something. Have you seen the big elephant in St. Thomas, Ontario?

16. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:31 am #

@Andrew – Next visit for sure!!

17. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:46 am #

@Lifecruiser – Thanks! Ya, I love roadtrips for the same reason.

18. Brock October 15, 2012 at 6:46 am #

@Caanan – We actually did SOO well. I think we travel quite well together.