For as long as I can remember I have dreamed of experiencing The Great Migration. Over 2 million creatures, from mainly wildebeest, gazelle and zebra, make their way from the Serengeti to the Masai Mara. This annual expedition, one of the greatest of the animal kingdom, is one of both beauty and tragedy. Crossing the [...]
The final community I visit on my cross country Kenyan tour is Maragua District in Central Province. Staying with my friend Charles, his community makes me feel very welcome, showers me with gifts and show me the projects they have been working very hard on. During my stay, I am also educated on the lengths [...]
From the Masai tribes of Ewaso Nyrio I’m off to western Kenya, a region called North Maragoli. There, led by my incredible host Ahuga, I visit a number of projects and schools throughout the community and experience first hand the beauty that is the west. Click here for more information about the Muungano Special School.
In part two of my visit to Ewaso Nyrio, Kenya I head back to the housewarming party of Amos and Momma Asha then have the honour of visiting the newly built school in their community. The Oleleshwa Primary School. To learn more about Harambee 4 Humanity, get involved or make a donation to their projects, [...]
On my second stop in Kenya, I arrive in the little town of Ewaso Nyrio. There, I am welcomed to a house warming party and pay witness to a ceremony that happens once every ten years. It is an experience I will remember for the rest of my life.
Finally, what you’ve been waiting for: Backpack with Brock arrives in Kenya! After a flight from London to Paris, then Paris to Nairobi, I land on my 4th continent of this journey around the world, Africa! Spending my first couple days getting adjusted in Nairobi, I stay with the wonderful Momma Monica and her family. [...]
One of the many great things about backpacking is you can literally wake up on any given day, and book a flight to wherever you want to go. That’s what happens in this episode of Backpack with Brock…and we’re going to Africa!
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Telling The Time in Ancient China
- Farewell Tokyo – Ni Hao Beiing!
- Konichiwa from Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Looks and sounds like such a lovely place!...
- Mal: HAHA I Love you Bro!!...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter