Once you’ve seen the Terracotta Warriors & The Great Wall of China, you wonder if Beijing, China has anything else to offer. But, alas, it does. In this video I wrap up my visit to China by checking out the Forbidden City, historic Tiananmen Square, eat some peking duck and say farewell to Ash: my [...]
It is the adventure I have probably looked forward to most in China and finally it has come around. Backpack with Brock is taking on the Great Wall of China. I have heard about it since I was a little kid, seen it in movies, books and online, still nothing could prepare me for the [...]
Beijing, China. It’s seen a lot of controversy in it’s time but I finally arrived making it my third stop in China. It was clear from the start there would be a lot to do and see in this city. In this episode I put my best foot forward and visit the Summer Palace where [...]
It took 12 hours on an overnight train to get there, but I knew I could not come to China and not see the Terracotta Warriors. My jaw dropped as soon as I saw them and I’m still amazing that man kind could make something like this and then let it go missing for so [...]
It’s my very first official Chinese stop. Shanghai! I’ll be quite honest that this city didn’t do much for me. Perhaps it was getting scammed by a taxi driver, or the terrible flight to get there or the incident that occurred when buying my winter coat. Whatever it was, I am in no rush to [...]
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Amsterdam, Holland: Cafes & Asia Travel Pals
- Review of Hostel Annemarie – Amsterdam, Holland
- 6 Exploded Expectations of China
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Caanan @ No Vacation Required: Sipping mimosas in the VIP lounge… the life of a...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: When can we start seeing these Viator tours? Is it...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: I can honestly say, Japan was a highlight for me l...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter