Spending nearly two months in India, it’s our very last stop – The Taj Mahal. One of the most recognizable buildings in the world, the Taj is miraculous. Join us as we travel many hours to marvel in it’s beauty.
It was our goal through all of India to make to Dharamsala (McLeod Ganj) in the north of India. After a long journey by buses and train, we made it. There we discovered a peaceful Tibetan community in the Himalayas. We took the time to relax, admire the view and help some locals with their [...]
Since leaving our little Indian village, Jaipur will be our 3rd stop. Known as the Pink City, Jaipur is located in the state of Rajasthan and gets it’s name from the many pink buildings and pink walls that border the old city. It is here I see my first camel, stay at the fantastic Pearl [...]
Stop number two on our journey to the Indian north, it’s Mumbai. One of the largest and most advanced cities in India, Mumbai to some is known as Bombay. During our visit, we check out the Gateway of India, Elephanta Island, and give our stomachs a break with some McDonalds. Yes, I know, gross right? [...]
The time has come. After 5 weeks in the little town of Srivilliputtur, Darren and I were finally on the move again. Destination: Goa! We expected things would be pretty wonderful in Goa, but getting there wasn’t so easy. 8 hours by bus and another 19 hours on the worst train I have been on [...]
Back home, I get a hair cut every month or two. Things change though when you are travelling, and four months into the adventure I was sporting quite the shag. Due to the stifling heat and humidity in the south of India, this shag of mine was becoming quite the bother, so, I figured it [...]
Though sometimes if not most times it was challenging, our time in the little village of Srivilliputtur flew by. Each day was full of challenges and tests, and as each one passed our skin became a little thicker and patience a little thinner. Nevertheless, we had some fantastic experiences and met some great people. In [...]
Riding the bus in India is an experience like no other. It’s crowded, it’s hot and it’s loud. This video is a collection of some our Indian bus riding experiences. Could you handle it?
It’s part three of the India Diaries and in this episode we are taking a vacation from our little Indian town. Our first weekend trip is to the most southern tip of India, then we head to India’s communist state – Kovalam. Along the way we meet an adorable kid on the bus, ‘chill’ on [...]
It was quite a shock to our senses when we arrived in Bangalore, India, but the fun did not stop there. Our next check points would be Madurai & Srivilliputtur, our home for the next month. In this video see some tid bits of our town and see the room that would become our own [...]
I have looked forward to my visit to India for quite sometime. A place with so much pizzaz and mystery that I wondered every day what it would be like. Of course, that day finally came where I would be 100% in loud, busy, in your face India! The first stop is Bangalore and boy [...]
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Amsterdam, Holland: Cafes & Asia Travel Pals
- Review of Hostel Annemarie – Amsterdam, Holland
- 6 Exploded Expectations of China
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Caanan @ No Vacation Required: Sipping mimosas in the VIP lounge… the life of a...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: When can we start seeing these Viator tours? Is it...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: I can honestly say, Japan was a highlight for me l...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter