If you watch only one video on Backpack with Brock – make it this one. While traveling through Tibet, you must have a guide with you. During my 10 day Tibetan adventure, along with Selma and Esther from the Netherlands, we had a fantastic guide name Sonam. As a way of showing our graditude for [...]
During our 10 day during through Tibet, we knew that this day was the climax of it all. At 5200 metres above sea level, Esther, Selma and I climb to Mount Everest base camp. Every exhausting step was worth it when we made it to our goal and looked up at the highest point on [...]
Three days in Lhasa, Tibet and we are the road, making our way to Namtso Lake – the highest lake in the world. There we come across some learning monks, cold ‘hotel rooms’, icy waters and LOTS of Yaks.
Continuing my enlightening journey through Tibet, it is part to have Lhasa. In this episode we visit Sera Monastery to watch monks debating in the courtyard then make our way to a nunnery for a different look at Tibetan buddhism.
They call it the rooftop of the world. It’s magical, the scenery is mesmerizing and the people are gentle and charming. This is Tibet. In this video my dream to visit Tibet finally comes true. Join me as I visit my first city, Lhasa. I explore Potola Palace and Jokhang Temple and see pilgrims praying [...]
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Amsterdam, Holland: Cafes & Asia Travel Pals
- Review of Hostel Annemarie – Amsterdam, Holland
- 6 Exploded Expectations of China
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Caanan @ No Vacation Required: Sipping mimosas in the VIP lounge… the life of a...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: When can we start seeing these Viator tours? Is it...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: I can honestly say, Japan was a highlight for me l...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter