Venice is famous for being the city built on water. Yes. Very cool. Practical? Maybe not. Not only is the city slowly sinking, but the population on average is growing older and older as all the young people move away. Understandably too. I’m never bored, but a few hours walking along the canals, I was [...]
It’s the third and final instalment of the visit to Rome. In this episode, Mother and Aunt and I visit the ancient Coliseum, enjoy a fun photo shoot and I get a bit indecent in St. Peter’s Square – one of the most religious squares in the world!
Christmas 2009 – I gave my mother ‘Backpack with Brock Bucks’. The conditions. Can only be used at an international destination otherwise…void. Basically, my way of saying: Mom, meet me somewhere. Fast forward 6 months and I’m in Rome, picking my mother and aunt up from the airport. This begins our 16 days, 7 city [...]
Yes, after some form a heat stroke, Mindy and I thought it would be a brilliant idea to get ‘engaged’. Here is the product of our hilarious friendship!
After a week and a half of taking on Spain, France, Monaco and Italy – my journeys with Mindy had come to and end. We finish off our adventures strolling around Rome, visiting the tomb of the unknown soldier, eating some fine italian cuisine and dancing up a storm. Thank you for being such a [...]
Yes, I have already seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa once but it was so fun that I wanted to stop by again with Mindy. We take some fun photos and have a good laugh watching others taking the token Pisa photos!
I had never heard of the Cinque Terre before Mindy told me about it. With no idea what to expect I was nothing short of blown away by the beauty of this part of Italy. In this episode, Mindy wishes she had brought a backpack like me, we do some laundry in the tub and [...]
I have always wanted to go to Florence. I only knew about it from a movie. Arriving there, my first Italian stop, I could tell I was going to like it. From the best meal I’ve ever had, to the churches, architecture, a side trip to Pisa and of course…the ‘David’, Florence, Italy stole my [...]
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Amsterdam, Holland: Cafes & Asia Travel Pals
- Review of Hostel Annemarie – Amsterdam, Holland
- 6 Exploded Expectations of China
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Caanan @ No Vacation Required: Sipping mimosas in the VIP lounge… the life of a...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: When can we start seeing these Viator tours? Is it...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: I can honestly say, Japan was a highlight for me l...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter