I figured it was high time I learned a little bit more about all off you out there who tune into Backpack with Brock. Therefore, this week’s Friday Five is a list of 5 questions for YOU! You can leave your answers in the comments below or send them as a private message if you [...]
After a great time on the houseboat on Halong Bay, we make our return to Hanoi where we chow down on some Pha, drink lots of coffee, walk through the markets and enjoy the girls last few days in Vietnam. But why read about it when you can watch it above.
We take a side trip from Hanoi to Halong Bay where we spend a night on a boat, sing a lot of Karaoke and get sneaky with some wine.
After a quick cheap flight, we land in Hanoi, Vietnam – the final stop on the Vietnam tour. In this episode we explore the Temple of Literature – Vietnam’s first University, hunt down the 30 cent Bai Hoi (beer) and meet a great guy named Timmy.
From Hoi An, Vietnam we began our journey to Hue, Vietnam. This trip took us through the mountainous Hai Van Pass, the Khai Dinh tomb and the Forbidden City. Watch the video for all the details.
There are a lot of great things that come with backpacking, but like anything, there are those things that really start to get to you. This Friday, I’m bringing you a list of 5 things that are really grating on my nerves – as suggested by a viewer named Brent.
From Nha Trang, we venture onward to Hoi An, Vietnam. The old quarter has a great deal of character and tailor shops line the streets. How can you not get something made? Hit play to see what happens.
Been to SEAsia? If so then you know ‘Same Same.’ Give this one a watch to put a smile on your face as this fantastic guy uses this golden term again and again. We had such a great chat.
There’s a lot to do when planning a trip and one the most important things is picking where you want to travel to. This week on the Friday 5 it’s five ways to help plan your itinerary. Enjoy!
In the west we think we need SUV’s and minivans to get around, but in Asia, motorbikes suffice. This week on the Friday Five, I’m bringing you 5 precarious bike scenarios I have witnessed.
It’s the very first edition of Bet Brock! David, Ted and Sam ‘Bet Brock’ to eat a Cobra Snake and swallow the beating heart. Will he do it? It’s a longer video, but worth every minute. Gather round the family and send it to your friends. You don’t want to miss this one. In this [...]
Brock, David, Meghan and Suzie head to Nha Trang, Vietnam by sleeper train, where they relax on the beach. Brock also gets interviewed by some Russian video bloggers and they meet some pretty interesting characters on the beach.
When you’re traveling, it can be one of your biggest fears – getting scammed. It’s happened to me a few times already on this trip but hopefully these simple tips will help prevent it from happening to you.
After a very moving time in Cambodia, Brock arrives in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Here he meets his newest travel buddies: Suzie, Meghan and David. They start off Vietnam with Reunification Palace, massages and motorbikes.
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Amsterdam, Holland: Cafes & Asia Travel Pals
- Review of Hostel Annemarie – Amsterdam, Holland
- 6 Exploded Expectations of China
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Caanan @ No Vacation Required: Sipping mimosas in the VIP lounge… the life of a...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: When can we start seeing these Viator tours? Is it...
- Kieu ~ GQ trippin: I can honestly say, Japan was a highlight for me l...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter