Back home in Canada it is Thanksgiving weekend. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie and so on. Mmmm. This year I am on the other side of the world and unable to celebrate back in my native land. However, that doesn’t mean I can’t be thankful. Aside from the lack of pumpkin pie here in Macedonia, it’s [...]
Cities are not normally summer destinations, but Toronto is not a normal city. Boasting a waterfront location beside Lake Ontario, an array of green islands just waiting to be explored on foot or by bike, and an easy day trip from Niagara Falls, Toronto comes into its own in summer. Anyone looking for a budget [...]
As a very proud Canadian, there are few days greater then Canada Day – our nation’s birthday. Today ‘The Great White North’ turns 144 and to celebrate this day here on Backpack with Brock – I figured I share with you a fantastic song & video produced by fellow Canadians Julia Bentley & Andrew Gunadie. [...]
I am joined by some fellow Canadians, and take on the island of Ko Samui, Thailand. We meet two Americans and two Brits along the way and great times were had!
You guessed it. It’s the Friday Five! When you’re backpacking for a long time, you tend to really like and dislike some things in your backpack. In this edition of the Friday Five, I’d like to share with you 5 of my favourite things in my backpack and why I think they are so great. [...]
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Telling The Time in Ancient China
- Farewell Tokyo – Ni Hao Beiing!
- Konichiwa from Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Looks and sounds like such a lovely place!...
- Mal: HAHA I Love you Bro!!...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter