When you putting together your itinerary, it is easy to try to cram in as many sites in as many places as possible. As great as this is, it’s important not to over do it either and leave some time for a break. Whether it’s relaxing on a beach or eating food you’d find at [...]
It’s a big worry of many travellers, especially those going it alone. ‘How will I meet other travellers?’ There are enough uncertainties that come with backpacking and heading to an unfamiliar destination that losing sleep over whether you will be by yourself the whole time is unneeded. Therefore, this week on The Friday Five, I’m [...]
Once again, it almost didn’t make it, blocked by the Great Wall of China. But alas, here it is. The Friday Five. When you are in Asia, bartering is apart of every day life. You want to buy something? Prepare to barter. Here are 5 tips to make the experience a good one and save [...]
Backpack with Brock has been to a number of different countries at this point and has learned to say hello and thank you, among other things, in a variety of different languages. This week he shares 5 of those ways with you. Do you have a unique way of saying hello and thank you? Share [...]
This week on the Friday Five, it’s time to talk about language barriers. How do you survive them? Well here are some tips.
Part of traveling is getting lost, but so is losing stuff. This week, I’m counting down the 5 things I’ve already lost on this trip.
IIt’s coming to you a bit later in the day due to some internet issues, but nevertheless, The Friday Five is here. This week’s edition is a bit longer than usual but if you’re someone who wants to travel yet has some sort of reservation….then I’d give this a watch. You can make travel a [...]
In this week’s Friday Five – ways you can help make this project even better.
This week on the Friday Five, it’s 5 things you should do/see when visiting beautiful New Zealand! Note to self: Don’t film early in the morning right after you wake up.
You do a lot of prep before you start backpacking, but what about those first couple days? The adjustment period if you will? Here’s Five things every backpacker should know about their first few days on the road. Big thanks to Chloe & Keiran. You guys rock and made that bus ride awesome!
This week its the very first Friday Five! IIn the spirit of New Years, I’m giving you 5 resolutions for my upcoming year and trip! Have you made your resolutions for 2010?
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Telling The Time in Ancient China
- Farewell Tokyo – Ni Hao Beiing!
- Konichiwa from Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Looks and sounds like such a lovely place!...
- Mal: HAHA I Love you Bro!!...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter