Been to SEAsia? If so then you know ‘Same Same.’ Give this one a watch to put a smile on your face as this fantastic guy uses this golden term again and again. We had such a great chat.
In the west we think we need SUV’s and minivans to get around, but in Asia, motorbikes suffice. This week on the Friday Five, I’m bringing you 5 precarious bike scenarios I have witnessed.
Backpack with Brock has been to a number of different countries at this point and has learned to say hello and thank you, among other things, in a variety of different languages. This week he shares 5 of those ways with you. Do you have a unique way of saying hello and thank you? Share [...]
I am joined by some fellow Canadians, and take on the island of Ko Samui, Thailand. We meet two Americans and two Brits along the way and great times were had!
Back in Canada my favourite Thai dish is Pad Thai. So, it seemed only appropriate that it should be choice dish
After many busy cities, it was finally time to get away from it all and relax in the summer sun. Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand was the perfect place to make that happen!
After having my fill of Bangkok, it was time to hop on a train, head to the south and relax on the beach. It took a whopping 19 hours to get there…
On my last day in Bangkok, Thailand I did a bit more site seeing. In this video I check out The Grand Palace and Wat Pho aka ‘The Reclining Buddha’.
A city he’s been waiting to explore for quite some time, Backpack with Brock makes his way to Bangkok, Thailand. Boy, does it live up to its reputation. In this video I head out to explore the city, visit the Khao San Road, watch some Muay Thai Boxing, have dinner at the unique restaurant Cabbages [...]
On a short stop between Chiang Mai to Bangkok, I explore Sukothai, Thailand. It’s not as busy here as Chiang Mai, but there’s a sort of simplicity that makes it so enjoyable. There are a number temples and Buddha’s to explore in Sukotai, many of which I got to see. In particular, the standing Buddha, [...]
This week on the Friday 5, I’m giving you a list of five ways to save money while backpacking or traveling in South East Asia. There’s certainly a million more, but this is a start.
I had the amazing opportunity to spend a day with Dodo at the Patara Elephant Farm in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It was one awesome day! I was very impressed with how well they treat these elephants. Although elephants are best to be free in the wild, the dangers they face are driving them to extinction. [...]
At long last, I have finally arrived in Thailand. My very first time in Asia. This post has some very interesting content. Brace yourself. Things aren’t just rainbows and sunshine any more.
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Telling The Time in Ancient China
- Farewell Tokyo – Ni Hao Beiing!
- Konichiwa from Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Looks and sounds like such a lovely place!...
- Mal: HAHA I Love you Bro!!...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter