It was our goal through all of India to make to Dharamsala (McLeod Ganj) in the north of India. After a long journey by buses and train, we made it. There we discovered a peaceful Tibetan community in the Himalayas. We took the time to relax, admire the view and help some locals with their [...]
If you watch only one video on Backpack with Brock – make it this one. While traveling through Tibet, you must have a guide with you. During my 10 day Tibetan adventure, along with Selma and Esther from the Netherlands, we had a fantastic guide name Sonam. As a way of showing our graditude for [...]
During our 10 day during through Tibet, we knew that this day was the climax of it all. At 5200 metres above sea level, Esther, Selma and I climb to Mount Everest base camp. Every exhausting step was worth it when we made it to our goal and looked up at the highest point on [...]
Three days in Lhasa, Tibet and we are the road, making our way to Namtso Lake – the highest lake in the world. There we come across some learning monks, cold ‘hotel rooms’, icy waters and LOTS of Yaks.
Continuing my enlightening journey through Tibet, it is part to have Lhasa. In this episode we visit Sera Monastery to watch monks debating in the courtyard then make our way to a nunnery for a different look at Tibetan buddhism.
They call it the rooftop of the world. It’s magical, the scenery is mesmerizing and the people are gentle and charming. This is Tibet. In this video my dream to visit Tibet finally comes true. Join me as I visit my first city, Lhasa. I explore Potola Palace and Jokhang Temple and see pilgrims praying [...]
Asia continues to amaze me and surprise me at every corner. One of these ways is in the supermarkets. You really never know what you might find. In this Friday Five I am showing you 5 things I have happened upon while shopping. There may have been some stranger ones I have found, but these [...]
- A Ginormous Announcement: The Viator Dream Travel Job
- Zorb Globe Riding in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Snapshot: Florence, Italy – My First Italian City
- ‘Bet Brock’ – Eat a Cobra
- Want to Place a Bet?
- Farewell Beijing – It’s Been…Great!!
- Guest Post: When Getting Best Value from your Travel Fund Isn’t the Cheapest Option
- Telling The Time in Ancient China
- Farewell Tokyo – Ni Hao Beiing!
- Konichiwa from Mt. Fuji, Japan
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Wo ai Zhongguo! Have the best time!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I'm so delighted that you've fallen in love with...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: I am sooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!...
- Andi of My Beautiful Adventures: Looks and sounds like such a lovely place!...
- Mal: HAHA I Love you Bro!!...
Brock’s Choice For Hostel Booking
Follow @backpackerbrock on Twitter